At the beginning of 2010 I started a
monthly quarterly to do list instead of making those new year resolutions that I never seem to remember. Some really exciting things on my list:
- thin out cookbooks (like I really use them)
- clean out under the kitchen sink (does Murphy’s Oil Soap go bad…it has a Bradlees sticker on it)
- strip wallpaper in kitchen and paint
- make new curtains for the kitchen
- clean out my clothes closet…way too many sweaters which are not conducive to hot flashes!
- organize quilt closet…and quilt piles…and more quilt piles
Apparently I was sitting in the kitchen when I started this list…anyway, last week when I was asked “So how many quilts have you made?” I decided it was time to skip right to “organize quilt closet” and at least I would have an idea of how many I still have!
So I took everything out of the closet (did I mention it’s a rather large closet) as well as all those various piles…in the bedroom…sewing room…and separated them:
- top quilted and bound
- top quilted not bound
- top only
Next step, since I have this terrific new clothesline, I began to hang the quilted and bound ones out 3 at a time, took a picture, hauled them back in and organized them further:
- ones for that “just right” special gift
- ones I really use
- ones I can’t possibly part with…ever
- ones perfect for our QFC program
- ones that need to be washed
Two hours later…I was tired…and not finished!! So now I have a mostly organized quilt life, but I haven’t counted yet…that will come later, much later :)
Here is just the tip of my iceberg……………
How goes your iceberg??