Friday, July 15, 2011

Finish for a cause…

Well, since I failed to finish anything last Friday I felt the need to over compensate this week.  As you may or may not know we are collecting unstuffed pillows for “Camp to Belong Massachusetts”.  This is a camp in Western Mass where kids separated from their siblings due to foster care or adoption are brought back together for one week of fun.  During the course of the week the kids choose one of the pillows and then decorate, embellish and write whatever they want on it.  They stuff them and finish the seam before presenting it to their brother/sister.  So with this in mind I decided instead of doing up just a few…I made 21!  That should make up for last week…don’t you think?!  And I’m not the only one this week to finish many pillows…last count we have 54.

pillows ready to go

These are just a few of the ones I did.

So if you’re interested in making some pillows for this wonderful cause just click here and you’ll be transported to our website where you can read all about the camp and get the directions for the pillows.

Now I’m off to my sewing room to try out something new (for me) and if all goes well I’ll share next week…going green!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

You have redeemed yourself. Well done.

Judy said...

Great job Nancy! You have inspired me to pull out some fun prints and get sewing.

Southampton Quilts said...

Thank you ladies...now if I could only get my churn dash blocks caught up!